Sunday, February 18, 2007

Career!

I have a confession. One of the reasons that I've been writing this blog since I've moved to Portland was in the hopes that one of my readers would give me a career - ideally, a career related to improving Maine's natural and/or civic environment.

Well, dear readers, I'm pleased to report that I will no longer rely on any of you to pay my bills. All of you who were thinking about hiring me shouldn't have procrastinated for so long, because my audience at GrowSmart Maine has beat you to it.

I'll be working on their electronic communications and outreach and implementing some zippy new gadgets in their webpages and e-mails. One possibility includes starting a GrowSmart weblog - which would usurp some topics from this one, but that's OK with me. I'd like to dedicate The Vigorous North more to examinations of nature in the city, and though writing about the Turnpike is important, it's also a little off-topic here.

Nevertheless, expect a lot of Turnpike posts in the near future and check out my del.icio.us for other links if transportation wonkism makes you want to hibernate.

Also please keep in mind that views expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of any of the organizations with which I work, including my totally awesome new employer.

2 comments:

Paul Burdick said...

Darn it, I was securing funding for your position and here you go and get hired by someone else. Good luck with your new employment.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I've been enjoying your blog for a while.

Once you get settled in, give me holler. Maybe we can work together on an idea or two.