Wednesday, April 11, 2007

New on the blogroll

In the past week I've found some worthy additions to the blogroll here. And in spite of the Pine Tree State's analog tendencies, these are all local new media:


  • A lot of political blogs seem like tabloids that are obsessed with DC instead of LA. Borrowed Suits is an exception: it brings some thoughtfulness to local and national political issues in long posts with progressive perspectives, and it doesn't mind digressing into other interesting topics (which is good, because there are a whole lot of topics more interesting than Maine politics).

  • Portland Newly Seen will someday be a blog about Portland's urban landscapes. We're just waiting for the author, a newly-minted urban planner, to get her act together and start writing some posts.

  • Finally, there's the new GrowSmart Maine blog. I made this one myself and am still writing most of the posts, so consider my self-promotion fully disclosed. The blog is just getting started, but look here for news on economic development and smart growth throughout Maine.

1 comment:

JKG said...

C:

Thanks for hooking me up. I'm happy to be a part of a mutual admiration society (or at least to swap links with) the Vigorous North.

Anyone who quotes Melville is going to get a head start with me, anyway.