Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Bling bling ka-ching

You may have noticed that I've enrolled The Vigorous North in Google's Adsense program. If you're anything like me, your first reaction will be to assume that I've sold out. But Google's service generally does a good job of matching up relevant, sometimes even interesting ads to your site, so with any luck we won't be bombarded by dancing alien ads or easy credit scams.

I did notice a link to a global-warming-is-a-conspiracy-theory site this morning, though. If you ever see that kind of advertisement on this site, click them as many times as possible to transfer a few pennies from the Exxon Mobil Blacklung Enterprise Foundation into my own personal wallet.

In all seriousness, I am hoping that some ad revenue will help justify the time I spend on this blog, and with luck, it will give me a financial incentive to post more frequently. But if you find the ads distracting or annoying, please let me know - keeping and building my readership is a higher priority for me.

Speaking of which, I've also signed up for the feedburner service, which can deliver this blog's new posts to your inbox or reader software automatically every time it's updated (the feed also strips out the ads, for what it's worth). If you don't have a subscription reader, here's a good description of what it is and how it works. If you do, here's the link to subscribe to this blog.

In other news, the blog's titles will now show up in the Georgia font for you sad sacks who don't have the swoon-worthy Helvetica Neue Condensed font installed on your machines.

Thanks, readers.

No comments: