Wednesday, April 09, 2008

More than you ever wanted to know about the Bayside Glacier

I've had a feature article about Portland's glaciers published in today's Portland Phoenix. By utilizing the ancient art of journalistic research (though my technique had gone flaccid from years of blogging), I learned that Portland actually has a second, even larger glacier located in the woods off outer Congress Street. Ten times larger, in fact, than the enormous-in-its-own-right Bayside glacier, which I've written about previously here and here and here.

Here's a link to the article's online version:
"A Stormwater Popsicle: What the Bayside Glacier can teach us about Portland’s sewage problem"

5 comments:

Corey Templeton said...

A well written story, very nice.

JKG said...

Nicely done, Chris. In spite of its growing irrelevance, it still feels good to get published in ink on trees.

Anonymous said...

I know a little bit about CSO's from my work. I once considered publishing a "stormwater" themed bike ride, but thought that I would be the only one interested in the topic. But, maybe others would be, too...

Well done, C. It's great to see this stuff brought to folk's attention.

C Neal said...

I'd ride the stormwater ride, Jamie. The city sent me a map of Portland's CSO outlets while I was writing this article - let me know if you'd like to see it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd really like to see that CSO map, Chris! Is it something that you could email? I'm at golookabout +at- yahoo.com.