Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Coal: (undermining) America's Power

Here's a funny thing. If I write a blog post about coal, the medieval energy technology that gives us cancer and bakes our atmosphere to the point of incurring massive extinctions, etcetera, you will probably see, at the very end of the post, some kind of ad that promotes "Fossil Fuels Part of a Cleaner Energy Future" or some such B.S. that anyone who reads this isn't going to fall for.

However. If you were to click on those ads, and submit your eyes to Clean Coal America's Power facts about keeping energy cheap and old-fashioned, the funny thing is that you'd then be forcing the Fossil Fuels and Clean Coal public relations machines to spend some of their money on me, who hosts this advertising space, and on Google, which places those ads and also invests the revenue into efforts to make fossil fuel industries obsolete through clean tech venture capital investments.

I think that this is kind of a delicious irony. So please support our advertisers, below and at right, and learn all about how CLEAN and AMERICAN it is for us to take a deep hit of coal and mainline its juices into our nation's sclerotic arteries of commerce.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually getting an ad for a "Fall Solar Sale" right now.

Neil said...

Mostly personal PV for me too. Also something to do with industrial railing and bearings. After checking a few times I finally got a Shell ad. Beast bled.

C Neal said...

Wow, Google says I got $15 in ad click revenue from this post alone. Some of you must have found some fossil-fuel advertising, it appears. Thanks!

But, putting my own monetary gain aside, I generally endorse the policy of clicking Big Coal propaganda ads as frequently as possible. I'll try to make this easier in an upcoming post...

Turbo said...

Uh... the ad I'm seeing at the end of this post is for "StrVectin Tightening Neck Cream". I'm not making this up.

Arvesse said...

haha, that is so great. i have now visited Weatherford and BP for you!