Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Disappearing Bicyclist!

This isn't particularly on-topic, but I thought it was cool.

I spotted the original image of this wheel via Maria Popova's Twitter feed, which I've recently discovered. The first thing I thought when I saw it was, "I wish I could actually spin it!" And the second thing I thought was, "I'll bet that I could spin it, by using some of the new tricks in HTML5!"

Thus, here's my small contribution to global internet procrastination: a functional, digital version of the DISAPPEARING CYCLIST trick (drag the slider beneath the image to spin the wheel).



This is the sort of educational goofing off you can do when you're a freelancer with no pressing deadlines in view. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Erik R. said...

Props for your mad js skillz!

Impressive.